Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Beauty of Simplicity

Yes, yes, I know, it's the title to a song too. A song I dearly love. Here are some of those lyrics:
It's the beauty of simplicity 
That brings me down to my knees
I'll Praise You for eternity
And Lord I love you 
because you, you first loved me

Because He first loved me....so simple and so beautiful!!
I have enjoyed many changes in the past few weeks: change of ministry, change of weather, change of family size (Little David, and a soon coming Granddaughter), change of "days" (we are back to homeschooling) all keeping me quite busy, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. It is the life that GOD Himself has blessed me with. It's not always easy, and yes, sometimes I really want to pull out what little hair I have left, but when I get past the frustration of the moment, stand back and really look at the beauty of my life it's truly amazing. I think what I need to remember is there is a "simplicity" to life, and I often forget that. This simplicity of my life is: I am Wife, Mom, Friend, Sister, Daughter. I am a child of the Most High God, who I gladly relinquish control over to. I need do my best to serve Him, and to serve Him as a wife, mom, friend, sister and daughter, all through His strength. I need to not concern myself with the "little" things, the "waves" so to speak, and just enjoy the simplicity of life. I have no choice really, because if I am honest with myself, no worry, no frustration, no hair pulling is going to change anything. "It is what it is." That's what I tell my dear husband. So, if it is what it is, that what do I need to do about it? Nothing, absolutely, gloriously nothing. Because the Beauty of Simplicity, that brings me down to my knees, and causes me to praise Him for eternity is that "Lord I love You, BECAUSE You first loved me!!"
Just a few "simplicities" I love:





Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Photobucket

No comments: