Friday, April 24, 2009

FINALLY!!

Man, it just seems like forever that I have been able to get on here and blog. I guess that gives you some kind of indication of how busy our lives have been for the past couple of weeks.
Well, I went to Stockton to spend a week with my sister and her family. We had a very nice time, they through a little surprise party for Noah since his birthday was coming up...he LOVED it!! We made it home, only to be bombarded with a hugely busy week...and I think today is the first day this whole week that I don't have to leave the house, and can try to get the housework caught up. WHEW!!
God has been good to us through it all. I love His peace...I covet His peace and I am so thankful to have His peace. I know that as busy as I am, if I did not have the peace of the Lord, I would lose my mind....it's not like there is much left to lose! ;-) I am still learning to stop and have some sort of quiet time with HIM...I guess I should not be surprised the the thing that brought me so much joy and peace a couple of weeks ago (finding quiet time and the value of it...) would be the primary target of my enemy, he certainly does not want me to take that quiet time and draw near to the Lord...he would much rather my focus be somewhere else, anywhere else, good or bad, as long as it is not on the Lord. Well, greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world...and I am not going down without a fight. I will find my ways to have my quiet time, my veg out with God time...even if it means I have to wait until all my little chickadee's are in bed, and I am alone in my room at night before Erik comes to bed....if that is what my quiet time has to be...so be it...I'll take it!
Hope you are all having a great week and looking forward to a great weekend!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey there! The "thingy" is a signature and you can make your own with your word processing program, then download it in photobucket and then insert it in the post settings so it's there everytime you post. I'm still playing with mine, it's not exactly what I want, if you notice there are two different ones and there may be more!!! (Ha!) Have a great day, today is my busy day.... as if the others aren't!! :-) This is the day the Lord has made I will be glad and rejoice in it!!!

Tawny said...

Yep, busy with joy and peace is much better than busy with anxiety and frazzledness. Missed you though!

Julene said...

Amen, I wish it didn't feel like a fight to get that time with the Lord but sometimes it really is!