Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Whew!

Well, it seems like a terribly long summer...but at the same time I cannot believe that my kids are already back in school. I love love love my kids, but I am sure enjoying the wonderful peace of silence. Does that make me a bad mom? I don't think so....I think it makes me a REAL mom!

We did a study over the summer with our women's group called "Me, Myself, and Lies", by Jennifer Rothschild. I have to admit, I did not get all the homework done, but I intend to. I really loved this one though.. it's all about what we say to ourselves and how that effects us. It does bring to mind the scripture that says "take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" and I have been working very hard to do that this summer. I am very very good at bad self/soul talk. You know....I am a terrible wife, mom, friend, christian....just an all in all failure....HOWEVER, I know that is NOT how God sees me, and if He knows me better than I know me, and I have made him ruler, king and controller of my life, then, why do I sometimes not believe what He believes about me? Why do I allow myself or the enemy to tell me lies about who I am, or what I have done? I think it's time to take back my life, take back my mind, away from me and the devil and give them back to God whole heartily, so my mind can be covered with HIS love, HIS word, HIS Son. I know that is where my peace, joy, and strength will come from.

Other than that...I am hoping to get back into the swing of things around here, get our routine in order...if we even have a routine. I DO get to watch my granddaughter, Lea, on Monday's so that is new for us. It will be such a joy watching her grow. Well, I hope everyone has a very very blessed day!

2 comments:

Julene said...

Good post - You do it sister!!! That just goes to show you how strong belief really is, if we believe lies it can devastate us, if we believe the Truth, it frees us! Sounds like Mondays are going to be your special days:0)

Tawny said...

It is amazing what a difference our thought life makes! I have been doing better at controlling my thoughts but my feelings seem to have a mind of their own...