Thursday, April 8, 2010

Retreat: Part 1

I decided to go ahead and post about retreat, before retreat. :-) It never ceases to amaze me how amazing God's timing is.  With so much personal "junk" going on, and really feeling, well...not the greatest I have ever felt, I am soooo thankful to have this retreat to...retreat to.  I need my battery recharged!  I know that with as much warfare as we have had, me and my family....my friends and their families...etc....that God is going to do something amazing this weekend, and I can't wait.  I can't wait for the car ride there with my "sisters", I can't wait to "get away from it all" and have time to truly focus completely on God, and listen for His direction.  I know part of my "junk" is my own doing, my own bad attitudes, my own wrong reaction to things....the thing about retreat is, you have a set apart time to refocus and get down and dirty with God and ask Him to really help you get the self control you need TO respond to life properly...THAT is what I am looking forward to. I can't wait for the lessons I will learn this weekend, the relationships that will grow deeper, and the car ride back with my sisters.  I know that if we will just let go, if we will just leave the cares of life behind and focus on the joys of life instead, if we will let God have complete control (yes I said control) of our weekend...in fact, our lives....that nothing but amazing things can and will happen.  No, not a life without issues, or "junk" but a life that is SO focused on HIM that we can see His hand at work in those "junky" times and sing a song of love, joy, and thanksgiving in our heart, knowing HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!!!
I kind of feel like I am rambling a bit, but I just want to say, I am sooo looking forward to retreat, and I can't wait to tell you all about it when we get home.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Praying you'll have a fantastic time and that the Lord will give you a time of refreshing, renewing and a time of just knowing HIM more. That's what it's all about, knowing Him isn't it?! Why do we think it's all about us? (lol) Lord have mercy on us, we are so self-centered (when I say we, I mean me!)just generalizing the fact of our selfish natures! (blah!) Have a fantastic time of renewal, we never really retreat do we? Hugs and blessings to you! Miss you...