Monday, October 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook October 12

Outside my window... some of the trees are turning...cloudy day...nice and cool


I am thinking...what am I gonna do???


I am thankful for... a God who can give me direction in this situation


I am wearing... jeans, shirt, black Harley sweater, slip on shoes


I am remembering... that God is in control


I am going... to get some retreat shopping done today


I am reading...Bible and some Barbara Johnson


I am hoping... to get some things resolved.


On my mind... teenagers!!


From the learning rooms... how to deal with a strong willed teenager!! ;0)


Noticing that... this day is already going by way to quickly


Pondering these words... I'm sticking with "It Is Well, With My Soul" it may not sound like it at this moment, but it really is well...because I know the Lord is taking care of it.


From the kitchen... not sure yet


Around the house... almost all my housework is done...so just get to go shopping for retreat


One of my favorite things~ naps


From my picture journal...

THE TEENAGER!!! I LOVE HIM DESPERATELY....but I just want to bop him upside the head right now...I am confident we are gonna get this all worked out.....so nobody worries, he is not doing anything COMPLETELY stupid....just a little stupid, and it's got to stop!! By the way, this picture is of him getting promoted to E3 in the Army!! WOOHOO...so proud!!

3 comments:

Tawny said...

He got promoted out of uniform? Is he in the reserves or something?? :)

Andresa said...

He is technically a Army Recruit...and apperently you can work your way up to E3 before leaving for bootcamp...this particular day was a weapons tactics day...aka...paint ball...the recruiters opted to promote everyone who was getting promoted that day since there were a couple of different recruiting offices represented.

Tawny said...

Ah! That makes sense. :) Hey, I will be praying for you during your Retreat. It is so fun to see what God will do when we take a risk like that!